Wednesday, September 9, 2015

So A Single Abused Woman Gets To “Suffer For God" While Her Ex-Husband Is Free To Remarry And Be Happy?

So, I watched this video by The Vigilant Christian and found him to be very judgmental towards divorced women. As a divorced woman I found this offensive so I emailed him about it privately on Facebook. As you will see we got into an argument over this b/c he said that a single divorced woman cannot get married again b/c she would be committing adultery and would cause the man to commit adultery as well.

As you can see I am very hurt when a fellow "Christian" tells me that I have to suffer and stay singe b/c my husband was abusive to me and he was going out on me. He gets to remarry while I get to “suffer for Christ.” (His words.) Where is the grace in that?! I tried to work things out with my husband but he refused, divorced me and SHORTLY afterwards married the woman he was living with while we were separated. And I get to “suffer for Christ and stay single?”While my ex-husband is free to remarry? As you will see Mario is completely  and twist scriptures to prove his point. Biblically my marriage ended with my ex had sex with that woman while he was still married to me. 

At this point i would also like to state that since that time, May 1992, my ex phoned me at my parent's house in 1999 and formally apologized to me for abusing me and committing adultery on me. In turn I also asked him to forgive me for being an 18 year old spoiled brat and a terrible wife. We both apologized and we both forgave each other and Mario is a bloody idiot. 


Here is the video that  started this whole thing. 
Marriage, Divorce & Remarriage ... What Does The Bible Say !?! The Vigilant Christian Biblical Studies



Peggy Sue  – 9:38pm
Just a word of advice, you need to tread lightly when it comes to the topic of divorce and divorced woman. I say this b/c it already sounds like you’re being judgmental when it comes to divorced women and as a divorce woman I am very offended.
I was eighteen when I got married and I was divorced by the time I was twenty three. Both my husband and I were Christians but no one EVER taught me how to discern the voice of the God in my spirit b/c if they had I never would have married him.
Yes we were both Christians but he was VERY abusive to me; physically, mentally, emotionally and verbally. He dumped me back here in my hometown then took off back to Indiana (where he was from). SHORTLY, and I do mean SHORTLY, after our divorce he married the woman he had been living with while I was back here at home. I gave him the opportunity to come back here with me, to get counseling for our marriage and try to work it out. I KNOW the Lord told me to stay here but he wasn’t willing to follow God and chose that woman over me and God.

That was 23 years ago. I’m 46, not married, do not have children and I hate it!!! Don’t you dare tell me that the Lord is going to hold me responsible for something I did not understand back then! Don’t be so judgmental towards a woman b/c she’s divorced, you don’t know what got her to that point so you have no right to judge her. Just like no one had the right to judge Kim Davis for what she did before she got saved. As long as we repent the Lord doesn’t hold it against us for making stupid mistakes and you shouldn’t either. My husband was abusive, he was going out on me and he REFUSED to work things out with me so now I have to suffer for trying so hard to make it work? That’s just wrong Mario!

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:39pm
I'm sharing what I see in the bible

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9:39pm

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:39pm
What do u think that means then!?
As I said it's a study to look at what the bible says
I'm not gonna not say what the bible says no matter who it offends

Peggy Sue – 9:40pm
so you're advice would be to stay married to an abusive man? and HE divorced me, not the other way round.

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9:40pm

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:40pm
I'm not here to please you
I'm here to share truth and if you hate me for it fine I'm being true to God
The truth is offensive and hard to handle
And no that's not my advice
You can divorce for abuse

Peggy Sue  – 9:41pm
I'm not asking you to please me, but there is a thing called GRACE.

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:41pm
The Quesrion is can you remarry
Yeah but ITS NOT A LICENSE TO SIN
You can't use grace to sin
That's what non Christians do!

Peggy Sue  – 9:42pm
You're going to tell me I can't when the Lord already promised me a Godly husband?

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:42pm
Are you listening to a voice inside of you? Telling you things that are not in the bible

Peggy Sue  – 9:42pm
can't remary* sorry

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:42pm
How did God tell u?
Please tel me through the word

Peggy Sue  – 9:42pm
I know how to hear the voice of God.

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:43pm
Oh no
Ok sis I'm gonna tell you because I love u! That's a lie ... Hearing the "still small voice" is a false new age doctrine ... Your hearing something that does not even match up with the bible


Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:43pm
This is what God actually says
Your going to be judged by his word not that little voice that could be a demon pretending to be God
The voice is saying the exact opposite of the word and that's not alarming to u???

Peggy Sue – 9:44pm
So the Lord is going to hold it against me b/c I tried to work out my marriage and he wouldn't listen? I had to suffer abuse and he gets to remarry and I'm stuck all alone? Where the grace in that?!

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:45pm
You don't need to remmary! Why are you idolizing marriage and love? You may have watched too many romantic movies and now you think that's what life's about
It's not !!

Peggy Sue  – 9:45pm
so you're judging me b/c I made a stupid mistake then
why are you? you want to be married so it's wrong for me?! OMG that's not right

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:46pm
No I'm not but you still need to obey God's word



Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:46pm
You don't think God would ask you to stay single ??? He asked someone not to bury their father
Jesus is hardcore it's not about you and your happiness

Peggy Sue  – 9:46pm
have you never heard of a KJV please

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9:47pm

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9:47pm

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:47pm
There ya go same thing

Peggy Sue  – 9:47pm
you're judging me b/c I was abused and you're telling me I have no right to desire to be married to a Godly man and have a Godly marriage

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:47pm
Now what?
Explain Luke 16 please then?
What does he mean if a man marries a divorced woman he also becomes an adulterer
Why would Jesus say that huh?
He didn't mean it

Peggy Sue Clay – 9:48pm
so I get to suffer and die alone b/c my husband was abusive. yea right

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:48pm
Just for fun?
I'm not answering til you answer me
Why is that in the bible ???
Do you obey His word

Peggy Sue  – 9:49pm
Peggy Sue 
why are you judge me?

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:49pm
Or cherry pick what's good and bad

Peggy Sue  – 9:49pm
have you ever been abused?

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9:49pm
I'm not God's word is ... It's called righteous judgement
Doesn't change His words

Peggy Sue  – 9:49pm
have you ever had a man beat the crap out of you or break your finger and then get judged by other Christians?

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:49pm
Explain Luke

Peggy Sue  – 9:49pm
no you haven't

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:49pm



Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:49pm
Explain
Why is that there ?????

Peggy Sue  – 9:50pm
the man, I'm a woman

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:50pm
There's not point in continuing if your not even a person who listens to his words
It's the same

Peggy Sue  – 9:50pm
so I get to suffer then?
I get to be miserable?

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:50pm
YES AND YOUR SUFFERING IS A BLESSING

Peggy Sue  – 9:51pm
I get to be childless while my ex get s a new life and lives it up!
no, this NOT a blessign
not in in way, shape or form!

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9:51pm

Peggy Sue  – 9:51pm
I even suffer pysically b/c he broke my fingers while we were married

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:51pm
The bible says He suffered for you now you won't suffer for him ????
What ???? That's selfish

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson –  9/9, 9:51pm
This is a cross to carry
A suffering that will lead to blessing in the next life

Peggy Sue  – 9:52pm
that's really easy to say when your'e singe and in good health!

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:52pm
God is asking you to suffer for Him ! What an honey and you want love with a man more than that
Life in this fallen world is not easy
Doesn't mean you can go against His word because you don't like it

Peggy Sue – 9:52pm
did I ever say I was putting a man before God, no I didn't

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:53pm
If God said don't remmary in His word and you do
Then your putting your own love and happiness before Him
It's an honour to suffer for Christ
At least your not going to jail like Paul

Peggy Sue  – 9:53pm
no I'm not, you dont' know me and you dont' know my heart

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:53pm
Did Paul whine and complain noooo
He counted it as joy to suffer for Christ

Peggy Sue  – 9:54pm
well you want to get married so why are you whying about it?

Mario Emery-Paul Brisson – 9/9, 9:54pm
So should you
Anyways God bless you and stop listening to that false voice of God and obey His word! The Father sent me to warn you so that on judgement you can't say He didn't tel you
I'm done good night


5 comments:

  1. is this the same guy who has said he "fell" into sexual sin while he is telling someone else how to live a2wesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mario contact me....i have given you lots of opportunity ...i am a Believer...you keep waffling...i was young once....you will be where i am. You are not in a position to teach anyone...you can contact me but most of the stuff rom you in the last month or so is BS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir, I am not Mario, I am the woman who wrote this blog. He told me that I could never remarry because I am divorced. Never mind the fact that I was only 18 when I got married. Never mind the fact that my husband was abusive to me AND he was seeing another woman on the side. According to Mario I’m the woman so I have to remain single and “suffer for Christ,” or go back to my ex-husband. – Who, by the way, left me for another woman who he married shortly after our divorce and is still married to!

    Mario really doesn’t know me and he certainly has never seen this blog, if he had of he would have been all over the place making nasty comments to me and running me down in one of his “teaching videos” about me. By the way, if you see one please let me know.

    He’s on youtube making videos all the time and people are supposed to listen to him yet all the while he’s getting busted for possession of marijuana on the side! But yet he’s going to condemn me because I’m divorced. Yea, tell me how that makes sense!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I am 3 yrs late, but in the Bible it says that you can divorce on grounds of adultery. To that end, you would have every right to divorce and u wouldn't be committing adultery if u remarried nor causing your ex to commit adultery if he remarried. Thats all that man had to say. It's best to go directly to the word rather than go to man. If you don't understand something in the Bible then pray to be led to someone who is spirit led for understanding. Sometimes we are single for a long time for our protection until healing takes place. If an ex gets remarried first and without repentance or therapy if abusive it means they haven't changed, so there is nothing to envy. Better to be by yourself with the Lord rather than a bad situation. This guy was harsh, took the word out of context, and lacked empathy which is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking the time to read all of that and to comment, it was very kind. You’re right, he has no empathy, no grace, no mercy, none of that. Every time someone exposes his sins he gets on camera and cries and begs people to forgive him and on and on, yet he never shows any of that privately. Sad. He seriously needs to be delivered from his strongholds and until he is, he has no business getting on youtube trying to preach to people, especially on topics he has no knowledge of.

    As for me, I’m about to turn 50 and still single; I hate it but at least I’ve been able to grow, a lot, since this conversation I had with him. I’ve even gone through some inner healing/ deliverance and while I hate being single at least I know that the Lord has done a work in me. I do forgive Mario and I do pray for him but…as I said, he just needs to get off youtube and spend some time in the Word and in prayer.

    ReplyDelete