Sunday, July 24, 2016

A Church Closed – Another Dream

A Church Closed – Another Dream
Sunday, July 24, 2016

This morning before I woke up I dreamt that I was at a party in this cool old house. If I had to guess I’d say it was built around the 1950’s; there was lots of natural wood and it was cool and eclectic.

As I wondered around enjoying the house I went into a room with a round table. There was food and probably drinks on so I started to get something when my “son” Amos walked in. (He is the little boy at church who calls me Mom and I call him son.) If I remember right I talked to him for just a minute and he turned, walked back down the hallway, opened the second door on this right and went in.

I noticed the hallway wasn’t that long so I walked down it and at the end of the hall to the left there was a sanctuary. I walked in and thought, or maybe even said, “Oh wow this is so cool!” But the pews were not in a row, they were in disarray, dusty and a few of them looked like they were stacked on top of each other. The pews were on the far side of the church, they would have been to my left. I also noticed a talk, young, thin, black man to my left, he was holding a film camera and was recording. It was an older film camera not like the short compact ones they have today but larger maybe two foot long, give or take.

Then I looked to my right where the platform was and there was a tall heavyset black lady on her knees with a paint gun in her hand. She was spraying the pews with, what looked to be, a shiny varnish. They looked brand new, very shiny and pretty not like the older pews on the other side of the church.

I went and stood beside her and I realized that the church was closing. I said, “On no that’s terrible. My Mom and I was just here Wednesday night for service.” She turned to me and said, “I thought you looked familiar.”

Then it was time to leave, that was the last few moments that the church was open so I walked with her to the back of the church past the disheveled pews and we went outside. I was going to help them load the truck when something distracted me on the side of the house. – The outside was a house.

I went around to the right side of the house where I saw three large gages, like, large enough to put a child in. – Or a gigantic bird! I really liked the white one, the top of the cage came to a peak. I looked at the price tag and it said $16. Then I looked over and I saw Amos again. He was there packing a large box and I started to help him. I asked him if he was excited about the move and I think he said yes because he had never ridden a horse before. We stared to talk and I woke up.

***On A Side Note***

I find it very interesting that yesterday morning I dreamed about a snake and this morning I dreamed that a church, one that I did not recognize, was closing. I don’t know if they are related but it certainly is interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment