Monday, May 25, 2015

Breakthrough on Breakout!



The other night I decided to pull out my script for “Breakout” to see if I could jump start my writing. I went though and did some editing on the stuff I had typed out for the first two episodes. Then as I started reading though Episode 3 – Scene 1 (still handwritten)  I made a few more changes, added some additional dialogue to help the scene flow better and when I was finished I moved on to Episode 3 – Scene 1 to which I had written “Opening scene – Exterior – Alley” and NOTHING else! No notes no nothing. Oh snap I was in trouble.

See, I started this script back in 2013 right after my chapter pulled out of that national Doctor Who Fan Film, of which I still don’t think they ever got off the ground! Anyway, in an effort to save my group I started writing this “Breakout” script which is a Doctor Who / OS* Tomorrow People crossover film, or webisodes.  (*Original Series)

Well anyway, yesterday (Sunday) I sat there looking at that sentence and the rough idea I had for that scene started to come back to me so I outlined it. But that was as far as I had gotten, I didn’t have any real plans for the rest of the script so I ended up outlining all of Episode 4, all three scenes, YAY!!! At this rate I think there may end up being…maybe seven (7) episodes. We’ll see but not too many more than that.

So thank you Lord that I was able to get SOMETHING accomplished, but the sad part is that I don’t know anyone who’s making films here in Altus and the one group I have vaguely heard about I don’t want anything to do with so I don’t know. The sets and some of the costumes for this would be quite elaborate what with having to create both an interior and a physical (box) TARDIS, the inside of the TP lab as well as a lab for the evil scientist Dr. Holloway, which both look completely different. On the other hand once everything has been made we, my crew and I, could always keep everything and continue writing more scripts and turn it into a series of webisodes which is actually what I’d like to do anyway. But whatever happens I’m just happy that I will finally be able to finish this even if it never gets made.

So, with that, if anyone would like to read two short sample scripts from this project here ya go.

Breakout Sample Scripts
http://altus-ok-who-chapter.jimdo.com/breakout-series-synopsis/sample-scripts/

No comments:

Post a Comment