Friday, May 15, 2015

Lukewarm

I was thinking about these scriptures and decided to do a word study. Very interesting indeed. So if you call yourself a “Christian” then you need to wake up and decide who do you belong to, the world or God!

Revelation 3:14-16
14) And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15) I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16) So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue (vomit) thee out of my mouth.

Lukewarm – definition
I.                   tepid, lukewarm
II.                 metaphorically,  of the condition of the soul wretchedly (woefully / extremely) fluctuating between a torpor (apathy) and a fervor(passion / zeal) of love


Apathy – definition
Indifference
Lethargy
Laziness
Boredom
World-weariness
Droopiness
Unconcern
Dispiritedness


Fervor – definition
Passion
Dedication
Enthusiasm
Eagerness
Zeal
Commitment
Feeling
Vehemence


Spue – definition

To vomit, vomit forth, throw up

No comments:

Post a Comment